Dandruff is one of the common condition that many people have and it is quite embarrassing as well as tough to treat. The exact reason why people have dandruff is not known. Usually people who have dandruff also feel itchiness which is quite uncomfortable. Along with it being dry and white, it can also be yellow, thick, and sticky flakes.
Dandruff however isn’t a serious condition, nor is it contagious but if it is left untreated then it can cause inflammation. Men are more worried and tend to report more about having dandruff compared to women. Men tend to have weaker barrier in the scalp than women, making them more susceptible to having dandruff. When you are treating dandruff there are quite some do’s and don’ts which you should look out for.
- Ensure the good and the bad ingredients or agents present in the shampoo product, and combat any problem by knowing how to select the right type of shampoo. There are various types of men’s antidandruff shampoo available in the market, one such is Ketomac shampoo which cleanses scalp thoroughly and treats scaling, itching, flaking, and dandruff.Similarly, there are various other which you can choose based on the scalp you have.
- Vitamin D is essential for our body to promote growth of bone and absorb calcium. Along with this vitamin D helps hair grow and create new follicles. When one lacks in Vitamin D, hair becomes susceptible towards breakage. Vitamin B is also known to be a superstar for hair growth as Biotin strengthens hair follicles.
- Maintaining hygiene is important to avoid dandruff, as when hygiene is not maintained it leads to bacterial or fungal infection. Washing hair twice a week, eating healthy, brushing regularly, moisturizing hair with the use of masks or oil, etc. is quite necessary to strengthen scalp or hair quality and to avoid flakiness and dryness.
- Shampooing too often, thinking it will remove dandruff is not a good idea. As this will dry out scalp more that leads to produce oil. Also scratching an itchy scalp which is the result of dandruff is not good, as that would cause breakage and split ends making the hair grow rate shorten.
- Do not wear dark shade clothes when battling with dandruff, as that will show up more on the back and shoulders.
- When one has dandruff, they should avoid getting any hair treatments based on chemical usage such as coloring and re-bonding, as these would worsen the nourishment of scalp and cause irritation and inflammation.
Best anti-dandruff shampoos usually take at least six to eight weeks to be effective when used on regular basis. One has to be patient during the process. Also do switch the product if it isn’t satisfactory or consult a dermatologist, so you buy best men’s anti dandruff shampoo in India. Choosing the right shampoo also depends upon the condition of the hair and type of dandruff one has. So remember these do’s and don’ts when you have dandruff and hope it helps you to deal with it effectively.